20 October 2015

My foundation favs

I have bought a lot of foundation over the years, and spent anything between £5-40. 

Out of all my purchases I have, I believe, finally found my favourite foundations! Each one has its own use and benefits.

I must start off by saying I am really pale. If I don't wear foundation people usually say I look ill or very tired. I would say I am a mixture of warm and cool tones but to be honest I am that pale sometimes I cant really see any tone! I like my foundation to look natural and blend with my natural skin tone, whilst also covering up any red marks and blemishes! I don't find a foundation can do this all by itself, I generally need the aid of a concealer as well, especially under my eyes!


Anyway onto the foundations........



Top Image, from left to right: Hello Flawless Cover Up Powder by Benefit, NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (x2), Body Shop Moisture Foundation and Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation

Hello Flawless Cover Up Powder by Benefit

I use this to lightly brush over a base foundation whenever my skin is oily! I don't use it by itself but I do know people who do. I have the lightest shade "gee, I'm swell!" Ivory and I use the brush that comes in the compact to lightly dust over my face. This is my second lot of this stuff and I love it. It doesn't make my skin dry like a lot of powders do and the colour is great for me !Also find that it lasts me quite a while as I only use a small amount at a time. This usually costs around £25.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

I only bought this foundation this year, and I must say I do love it! I actually love pretty much anything by NARS, so watch out for further NARS reviews!
It has a dewy like texture and it my special "going out" foundation. I actually mix two colours; Siberia and Mont Blanc. I found that Siberia was too pale for me, and Mont Blanc added a little more of a pink tone to even the Siberia out. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation.
One downside to this foundation is the lack of a pump, so it can be quite messy getting some out of the bottle and actually onto your face! I do love this foundation though!! It is a little more on the pricey side, around £32 a bottle.

Body Shop Moisture Foundation - Shade 04

I have been buying this foundation for years and years! It is my daily wear foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out, it has SPF in it (so I use it on holiday -- and its great!) and the shade is probably the closest match to my skin I have ever found!! I don't find it gives me a thick coverage but definitely enough for everyday use. I used to apply this foundation with a sponge and I found that I wasted so much, now I use a buffer brush and I get so much more out of a bottle! Reasonably priced at £13 and Body Shop always have great vouchers to use online so I usually buy this along with one of their body scrubs!

Mac Studio Sculpt - NW15

This is my newest foundation, and actually my first Mac product. So far I am impressed! Colour is a great match for my skin, and I only need to use a little to get basic coverage. You can really build this foundation quickly so you can get anything from medium to full coverage. I am switching between this foundation and my NARS Sheer Glow for "going out" at the moment but I may even start using this during the day as well. Priced at £25.50.

I actually cant wait to do my makeup tomorrow now! :)



-X-



No comments:

Post a Comment