3 March 2016

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation








































I'm going to start this post straight off by saying I don't actually know what I think about this foundation yet. I don't feel wowed yet but there is still time...

I got this for myself as a birthday treat last weekend when I was in my birth town of Chester (its so pretty there). I got the foundation from Debenhams with 10% off so it was around £33 instead of £36 which isn't a massive saving but its better than nothing. 


I got colour-matched by the lady at the counter, matched me to B10. I think the colour match is perfect for my skin. I actually thought this colour would be a bit too yellowy but its not. 


One thing I do love about the foundation is the packaging. It is lovely and I don't think I would need too much convincing to just have it on my dresser for "display purposes" if the foundation itself in the end doesn't suit. The foundation comes in a lovely misty glass bottle and it has a pump which is amazing! I don't know why foundations don't come with pumps? I makes no sense to me


Anyway onto the application...I have worn this foundation on three different occasions and I will briefly explain my experiences with each:


Wear 1: I used my standard pre primer and post powder of Soap and Glory One Hell of a Blot Primer which is great with all my other foundations but the Chanel Les Beige's just seemed to slip off my parts of skin within a few hours of me putting this on, I also had a really shiny t-zone :(. 

I had to re-powder around my nose in particular as it looked red and almost as if I hadn't been wearing any foundation there at all. I also wasn't too keen about how it felt on my skin, it didn't feel light and moisturising, even though it is meant to be. 

Wear 2: I used a different primer, the L'oreal Matte Gel and the foundation seemed to sit a little better on this and I wasn't getting as much shine coming through. However, I still felt paranoid about my nose so I put EXTRA foundation and powder on but felt I still needed concealer after a few hours. 


Wear 3: This was probably the best out of the three. I used the L'oreal primer again and this time used a new powder to set my makeup, by Lush. Overall the foundation stayed on better but I did blow my nose at one point in the day and the foundation looked cakey and dry around my nose after this and I don't usually get that with my other foundations.


I am currently still not sure what I think. I am going to try a few combinations of wearing this and also try applying with a beauty blender. 


Let me know your thoughts on this foundation if you have tried it! 


2 comments:

  1. This foundation looks so gorgeous, even the packaging just makes me want to get it haha. I like how you've shown the foundation on 3 separate occasions because sometimes it's hard to tell with just one use. Lovely review :)

    Angie
    Silk and Sapphire | silkandsapphire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! I actually have worn it a few more times this week and its been a little better. If you have really dry skin im not sure this would be a good choice :/

    -X-

    ReplyDelete